Build Your Career with Us
Fancy having a hand in shaping the policies and business decisions of tomorrow through the analyses and findings that you produce? As Singapore’s national statistical authority, we collect, compile, analyse and disseminate a wide range of economic,
business, household and population data, as well as analyse and monitor trends in the economy and population.
With these vital inputs, policymakers, business decision makers and our data users gain valuable insights into current and emerging economic and social trends, enabling them to make calculated and informed decisions in the formulation and evaluation of
policies and strategies for the future. Apart from public agencies and businesses, our users also include researchers, analysts, educators, students, the media and the general public.
Looking for a dynamic, innovative work environment? Want to play in an organisation that is committed to continuous improvement of processes and the production of quality and timely data and analyses that meet users’ needs, then join us!
You can look forward to advancing your career through challenging yet rewarding assignments and projects, as well as training and development opportunities.
Make a difference by contributing important statistical input to facilitate policy planning, evaluation and decision-making and support Singapore’s present and future economic and social development.
Statistician / Management Executive
You will be responsible for the data gathering and compilation of statistics in one or more specific fields, conduct statistical research and analysis, and develop new systems and indicators to support users' statistical requirements.
You will also be involved in managing, analysing and making sense of large amounts of data from various sources, to optimise statistical processes and derive more insights from the data to support policy-making.
- Possess knowledge or experience in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, Accountancy, Actuarial Science and/or subjects with substantial quantitative content (e.g. regression, analytics, modelling, forecasting).
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to learn and apply relevant statistical and analytical tools and techniques for data compilation and analysis.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Able to work well independently, and as a member of a team.
Development Opportunities and Benefits
- DOS believes in the career development and training of our staff to bring out their best potential at work
- You will be equipped with skills and subject matter know-how via in-house and external learning and development opportunities. You will also be exposed to different statistical work via our structured job rotation programme
- DOS offers attractive and market competitive remuneration which include mid-year & year-end variable payments, market adjustment component (if applicable) and benefits which include:
- 18 days vacation leave and 14 days medical leave;
- Medical and dental subsidies; and
- Use of government holiday bungalows
- DOS also provides for flexible working arrangements including hybrid work and staggered working hours
How to Apply?
Please visit https://www.careers.gov.sg/ to view current opportunities at DOS. Applications have to be submitted through the portal.
Our recruitment process is as follows:
Apply for a job with DOS at Careers@Gov. To help us know you better, highlight your achievements and past working experience, if any.
Full Time Positions
Management Executive Officer (Statistical)
Assessment: If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to complete a written assessment which will help us to understand your skills.
You will be interviewed by DOS management.
3. Offer: If you have been identified as a good fit for the work at DOS, we will contact you on the next steps to start your career with DOS!
Apply for the Public Service Commission (PSC) Scholarship
The Public Service Commission (PSC) offers the PSC Scholarships to outstanding students who wish to pursue a challenging and rewarding career as a Statistician in the Singapore Civil Service.
Students who aspire to be Statisticians with the Singapore Department of Statistics are invited to indicate ‘Public Administration’ in their applications to PSC.
To find out more about the PSC Scholarships, visit